Want to contact me?

Name

Email *

Message *

Saturday, August 10, 2013

Harbinger: Ending the World...with confusion...

Harbinger by Sara Wilson Etienne is a book that is about the end of the world. I found it plain confusion, 1 out of 5 stars at best. Honestly, I had a hard time getting through it. The real reason I had a hard time getting through it because it's just ...
I know that it was trying to be a psychological thriller, but it fell so far short that it was almost comical if I didn't feel like it was killing my brain cells to try to read it.
That's pretty much how I felt throughout this entire book. The main character has some sort of powers to end the world. A world which the book decides to tell you very little about. From what I can understand it's supposed to be our future where pollution has truly ruined everything. I think that there was a moral here but it was hidden behind such bad writing and character development that I couldn't tell if it was accidental or purposeful. The main character's name is Faye and she struggles internally to come into her powers, find out what is going on with her as she's left at a boarding school for troubled kids, and trying to figure out if she should destroy the world or not. What's worse? The weight of this world is in the hands of a character that has NO character development. She doesn't change.
Overall this book didn't build on itself. The psychological thriller turned into something that literally had a plot line lost in the head of a deranged girl. It felt like someone wrote this during a sleepless night and never edited it. It follows Faye through her time at this school and her decision on to destroy the world. They're forced into "families" and the kid she's paired with don't grow as people during it either. They had a small development later on in the book, and if you read it you'll see, but truly it's a waste of money and time.

So my overall opinion?

No comments:

Post a Comment